Conflict and Difficult People
LIVE

Online Event

Webcast

Conflict and Difficult People

Speaker: David Mantica

  • Format

    Webcast

  • Level

    Basic

  • Duration

    2h

This webcast will cover the main styles of dealing with conflict and the steps for dealing with difficult people

Learning outcomes

  • Define conflict and difficult people
  • Identify the causes of conflict and conflict resolutions tactics
  • Review the five main styles of dealing with conflict
  • Identify the eight main types of difficult people
  • Discuss steps in dealing with difficult people and the resolution process.

There are no upcoming dates for this Webcast

Product information

Overview

According to the Carnegie Institute of Technology, 15 per cent of success is due to brains and skills. The other 85 per cent of success is due to personality factors, such as the ability to successfully deal with other people. How good are you at handling your internal response? Your internal response is the automatic reaction that someone else’s behaviour triggers inside of you. This response is a primary key to effectively dealing with conflict and difficult people. Remember, communication is mostly non-verbal, and your internal response will show up on your face and in your body language. Think about how you typically react in difficult situations. If your reactions are not working for you, then it is time to consider more effective strategies. This webcast will cover the main styles of dealing with conflict and the steps for dealing with difficult people.

TOPICS DISCUSSED:

  • Internal response
  • Effective strategies for dealing with difficult people

Who should take this course?

  • Accounting and finance professionals

Professional development

This Webcast offers 2 hours of CPE credit.
Note on CPE Requirements and Credits
All learning resources available in the CGMA Store qualify for CPD for CIMA members.

Field of study: Personal Development
Prerequisites:None
Programme level:Basic
Duration:2h
Format:Webcast
Access:This is a live event. You will have access to webcast on the date/time of broadcast and the archive for 3 months after the broadcast date.

Return and refund policy

Speaker

  • David Mantica

    ASPE's David Mantica is president of the ASPE, a division of Fortis College, family of professional training companies. His career as a business leader in the training industry spans almost twenty years. As a specialist in business-to-business continuing education, David brings deep experience to roles in executive, product management, marketing and operations capacities. He has an impressive portfolio of goal-driven successes identifying market opportunities in the training sector and responding with training product development initiatives. He has led or conducted product management efforts around more than 300 training courses, delivered both as expert-led classroom programs and live online training delivered remotely. Courses developed by his firms have addressed skills gaps in a range of industries, including: the software development life cycle, many IT topics, telecommunications, finance, healthcare IT and marketing.

    David started his career with an undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Maryland. During his career as a professional training leader, he has sat on numerous certification committees and supported the work of many certifying bodies including the Scrum Alliance, PMI, IIBA, TruSecure and CompTIA. David was instrumental in the development and delivery of the professional training industry's first remote, voice over IP enabled live instructor-led training. David also chaired CompTIA's Learning Alliance formulation committee, and has been on the boards of the DSLcon, Frame Relaycon, STP Conferences and Raleigh Latin School, and is currently on the board of IIOM (International Institute of Outsourced Management).

    David has been a broad contributor to the field of professional training. Besides his tenure on various private industry certification boards, he has written articles and spoken at many industry conferences, including numerous IIBA and PMI chapter meetings, Comdex Chicago, OSP Conference, ACUTA conference and 1-jobs Career Fairs. He currently writes weekly on the ASPE-SDLC and ASPE-ROI blogs, and has facilitated or presented many dozens of free information sessions and web seminars to more than 3,000 professionals. These programs encompassed a wide array of topics on software development, technology tools, marketing and project management. David has directed and published multiple salary surveys in the professional areas of Agile development, project management and business analysis.